Even when people are consuming what they consider a healthy snack, many times, they are misinformed.
For instance, the protein or snack bars you use to stave off hunger in the midafternoon often contain more protein than you need and more sugar than a doughnut!
Sure, your body needs protein to build lean muscle mass, but did you know that most Americans eat at least double the recommended daily allowance for protein without the additional protein from a processed protein bar?
Adopting a ketogenic diet and method of snacking will vastly improve your health and is as easy as eating foods that are high in healthy fats, moderate in proteins and low in net carbs. Here are 10 great keto-friendly snacks to munch on instead of junk food:
- Fresh, organic veggies — cooked, raw or fermented
- Dark Chocolate
- Organic, pastured eggs or meat
- Fatty fish such as salmon, anchovies and sardines
- Raw nuts and seeds (macadamia nuts, pecans and chia or pumpkin seeds)
- Bone broth
- Dehydrated veggie chips you make at home
- Yogurt, kefir or cheese made from raw organic grass fed milk
- Fruits in moderation, such as strawberries, blueberries and mangoes